Thursday, April 24, 2008

Quality Time!

Lisa, Hallie and I decided to take a trip to Denver for Spring Break. We had a great time spending the first half of the week with Abby, Jason, David, Emma, and Alli. The latter part of the week we spent with Anna, Ryan, Nyah, Jana and Aaron.
Here are of the few of the pictures from our trip. This is Hallie's Easter dress. She has some cute shoes to go with it but she doesn't really like anything on her feet.





This is at Abby's house. Hence, all of her kids.














Abby took this picture. We went to the park across the street from her house to play on the toys. After reconnecting with my inner child on the monkey bars, I decided to sit down with my family. We had a great time at the park. I have a couple of videos to depict our fun, maybe we will post them 3 months from now.


When we were at Anna's house we all decided to go to Royal Gorge. There, we found the world's highest suspension bridge over, you guessed it, a gorge. We rode across the canyon on a gondola and it was pretty windy so there was some good movement. Most of us were pretty excited but there were two who were worried out of their minds (like Marilyn watching "Vertical Limit"). I won't name them because I don't like to "poke fun" or give anyone a "hard time". We'll just say they were both girls, and it wasn't Lisa (it was Jana and Anna). While we were there, Ryan, Aaron and myself went on one of those sky coaster things like they have at Lagoon. It sits right on the edge of the gorge so when you swing out you are looking down nearly 8 hundred thousansd feet into the canyon below.
While there, Anna and Ryan let us use their BOB stroller. We fell in love with it so we got one of our own. It just came in the mail earlier this week. I never thought the day would come that I would show so much excitement over a stroller. I think it says a lot about my maturity level.

As you can see, Hallie is getting so big (14 lbs 13.5 oz, 26 and 1/4 inches as of her last appointment). She is rolling all over the place and her hair is getting really long (on top at least) so we have been doing a lot of pig-tails--pretty dang cute if I do say so myself. This picture is while we were in Denver. We were able to celebrate Nyah's first birthday while we were there which was a lot of fun. :) We were happy the timing worked out so perfectly.
















This next picture is just really sweet of Jordan and Hallie. She loves her daddy!














The picture of Hallie in her Malibu onesie is dedicated to Aaron. Perhaps it could even be considered as a sort of public apology. After all, this onesie was truly Hallie's first outfit. Hallie insisted on puting it on in anticipation of the the upcoming summer...good times.














Here is Hallie being her cute little self! What is not to love about a baby this adorable even at 1:30 a.m. They say babies thrive on routine...somehow she seems to be doing very well despite the lack thereof. This poor child of ours has anything but a routine these days. What to do?














We have now begun introducing Hallie to solids. This last picture is a pretty great description of how she feels about it. "Really, Mom and Dad? Really?" Anyway, life is great. Posting this blog has been such a pain, that I don't plan on doing it again for three more months...just kidding. I imagine if I would sit down to do it a little more frequently it would be a little easier. I guess we'll see. Nobody hold their breath. Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited you updated your blog! Hallie is so stinkin' cute. I love it. And okay I admit it, I'm a little chicken when it comes to crossing gorges. :D What can I say? See you all in about a week! Yay! Jana

Anonymous said...

By the way... has mom seen the picture of the crazies over the gorge? I'm sure that about gave her a heart attack.

Shari Baker said...

Yeah! I'm also extremely excited about the updated blog. I hear it took team work between Jordan and Lisa. Thanks for all the wonderful updates. I guess it is just about a week and I'll get to see all of you in person. It seems like it has been forever. Hallie is so cute. I wish I could have been there for the Royal Gorge. I would have loved the sky coaster as well. Thanks again for the update. Love you!

--- The Lisby Family --- said...

The tram over the gorge was intense, what can I say? The trip back was much more relaxing. I'm so glad you updated your blog. Hallie is so cute and getting so big. It's so fun to watch these little ones as they learn new things. :) See you in less than a week! AK

Jana said...

I secound all the above... ya got your blog updated:) Your baby is SO SO STINKIN cute.

A said...

Lisa Pincock Hill

How are you? Hello, had no idea you had a blog. Isn't this whole "bloggin" thing nonsense? O my heck, you have the cutest baby I have ever seen. Charli is so jealous of the hair! Remind me when she was born? Anyway, don't be a stranger, now there's no excuse! dannyandangelafrasure.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your little Hallie is so darling. You have such a cute little family. Sounds like you had fun on you trip to Denver I can't believe you were brave enough to go on that whatever you call it (death trap) kidding. Have a great day!

Melissa Fisher said...

Hey Lisa. I very rarely find joy in looking at dozens of pictures of other peoples chilren but your little Hallie is to die for! What a doll. I'm glad I ran across your blog so I could see your cute family!

Melissa Fisher said...

Hey Lisa. I very rarely find joy in looking at dozens of pictures of other peoples chilren but your little Hallie is to die for! What a doll. I'm glad I ran across your blog so I could see your cute family!

Briscoe's said...

lisa, Totally found your blog by accident. But I have to tell you that Hallie is so darling. I love her name too. It is sad to see how fast they grow. I can not beleive that she is so big but then I remember how big my daughter is and it saddens me and it brings me so much joy at the sam time. Cute Blog

Shanda said...

Hey! I love checking out your blog! Hallie is so cute! I'm glad to see everything is going great for you guys and that you're having fun like usual. I'll see you this next weekend at the open house! Take care!

A said...

Glad to hear I got Aaron to laugh. I'll admit, I do need to get a life, but if I told you I live in a 3rd story apartment in 110' weather and I don't know anyone, would it make it sound a little better? I'm coming to Poky on Monday for a whole week, any chance you have some spare time to see me? It would be way fun.