Thursday, January 29, 2009

Update!

Okay, so let me try to remember all that has happened since I last posted. First of all, there was Thanksgiving. This year was spent for the most part with the Hill family. All of Jordan's siblings were able to be here which meant lots of cousins around for Hallie to play with (and fight with). She enjoyed about 90% of her time with them, or rather any time that she was able to have things her way--what can we say, she is an only child.

At the beginning of December, Jordan officially graduated with his degree in Business Finance! Yeah! Now all he has to do is find a job...no big deal. If anyone would like to hire him for about $75,000 a year that would be perfect. :) Just give him a call. With two graduates of Idaho State University as parents we saw it fit that Hallie sport some ISU apparel.



Then, on December 18th we celebrated Jordan's birthday. He has become a little self-conscious about his age so I won't announce to the world that he has been around for nearly three decades.

And then there was Christmas. I LOVE Christmas and it passed much too quickly for my liking. I think I could have enjoyed another entire month of Christmas music, lights, family...etc. Hallie was SO fun to watch this year as she found so much delight in all the festivities.



All of my family was able to be here over the Christmas holiday except for Jana of course who is serving a mission in Argentina. We were all able to talk to her on Chirstmas morning which was nice. It was good to hear her voice. Having Nyah around made me appreciate a comparatively mild little girl. I only thought Hallie was busy until I tried keeping up with Nyah for a couple of weeks. I haven't decided if the difference is purely due to their little personalities or if it is just the age gap..only time will tell. This was about the only time I was able to catch them both holding still long enough to take a picture.



So, I think that is about it. Since welcoming in the new year it seems life as we know it continues to fly by. Jordan and I still call Hallie our little Hallie Baby though she is sixteen months old as of yesterday.



These last couple of pictures I just think are funny and so I thought I would share. Hallie is pretty good with on demand kisses these days. While playing at the little kids play center at our mall I suggested to her that she should kiss this frog...and she did. :) As far as I can tell she did not contract any serious diseases.



Or did she...





As you can see, Hallie can now pucker her lips so well she is able to plug her nose. She thinks she is pretty hilarious when she does this as do Jordan and I.

4 comments:

--- The Lisby Family --- said...

Too cute! I loved the update and Hallie is just adorable. The pictures are great. Sometime I need to talk to you about how you load your images because when you click on them on my blog, it doesn't open the picture. Thanks for the update Lisa!

Dawna said...

She sure is cute! Sounds like you've had a fun and busy few months. Thanks for your quarterly update :)

Shanda said...

LOVE all the updates! Hallie is SO CUTE! I'm so excited to have all our little girls together for the reunion (I hope if I'm not in labor anyway)!

Unknown said...

Great Pucker lips! So nice to see an update on your blog!